Dr. Clarence "Lance" Chenault, President & CEO, joined Aerospace Business Development Associates, Inc. in Oct 2008. He has more than 30 years of government and commercial program management and business development accomplishments. In every case, Lance has increased profitability and performance through his management of technology product development, engineering R&D, and technology program enhancement.
Lance’s experience ranges from Laser Ordnance Firing System Project Officer on the Small ICBM, Military Research Engineer at the Propulsion Directorate; Program Manager for the Active Core Exhaust (ACE) Program, Chief of Integration and Demonstration and the Aeronautical Sciences Laboratory at the Air Vehicles Directorate and as Director of Technology & Innovation Partnerships at a major aerospace research & development institute. Lance has also worked extensively with the Materials Directorate, the Sensors Directorate, NASA Glenn Research Center and many other government agencies.
Lance is the Senior Sustainment Transition Agent for the Air Force Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Commercialization Readiness Program (CRP). Under this program Lance has successfully connected 200 small businesses with 15 major DoD vendors and government agencies.
MBA Wright State University, Ohio
Ph.D. Air Force Institute
of Technology, Ohio
BS University of Missouri -
- Outstanding Profession Achievement Presented by the Affiliate Societies Counsel of Dayton
- Associate Fellow - American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics (AIAA)
- Air Force Meritorious Service
- Air Force Achievement Medal (3x)
- Finalist – AFRL Scientific/Technical
- Management Award (2000)
- Air Vehicles Directorate Leader of the Year (2000) and Outstanding Manager of the Year (1999)
- Aeronautical Sciences Division Military
- Supervisor of the Year (1999, 2000)
- American Institute of Aeronautics
and Astronautics (AIAA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- International Society for Air Breathing Engines (ISABE)